Friday, November 27, 2009

Choking

It was a beautiful day for a picnic down on the Marina today with my family. We were enjoying the sounds of the seals barking, watching the sail boats, and eating my yummy apple...and then, I started to choke on my apple!! I started to cough to try and get it down while Seth was trying to help and Payton was crying because she knew something was wrong. Of course, I didn't have anything to drink. I could feel the apple piece stuck in my throat and it wouldn't budge but I could still breathe. A lady who was taking pictures noticed me choking and was a lifesaver! She ran to her car and got me her water, stayed with me and was talking to me to help me calm down. Then, I barfed up my apple and it was all over. It felt like forever but it was only a few minutes. I couldn't say thank you enough to the lady who helped me but I hope she knows that I really appreciated her. I remembered when we left, that she said she was a pastor's assistant. I feel like God had put her where I was so she could help me.

1 comment:

The Olson Family said...

Wow Heather...don't you go dyin' on me! I can't believe that happened...that's really scary. And yes, God has the Master Plan;)