Some people might get upset with what I might say in this blog, but I don't care because I am so irritated! I am sick of Payton missing out on not having her daddy be here. He is leaving once again for training..yuck! Of course, he is missing her first Halloween and that makes me sad and I know it is not that big of a deal but it is to me because there are a lot of "firsts" he is going to miss out on. I know that I signed up for this lifestyle but it breaks my heart that my kid has to go through it too. Even though she is young and can't remember, what happens when she gets older? I envy those who have their husbands home nightly and who are able to see their children each day and of grandchildren who get to see their grandparents.
I grew up in an extremely close family and I wish that my daughter would be as fortunate to have those who love her close. The holidays aren't enough time to see them. I know that I have to be strong and make the most of what we have right now but I am praying that God gives me some more strength because this is the most sacrificing I have ever had to do. It is possible to make things work because there are many who do it which is uplifting to me.
To all of our loved ones and friends back at home, we miss you and wish that we were there.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Heather I am so sorry for your reasonable irritation. I know it is tough and that you would love to have Seth there to enjoy all the mile stones you get with Payton. Maybe this is a sign to have another one once he gets out! That way he'll get to enjoy everything with you! I wish you the best and I am here if you need me.
You totally brought tears to my eyes! I'm so sorry Heather, I know how rough it is to have your husband gone. I have had many bittersweet Halloweens, Thanksgivings and Christmas days when he is away. However, it does make it that much better when he comes back! You won't take any time for granted and will soak in every second with your family all together. Love ya. Hang in there.
I'm sorry you are sad, punkin. It sucks he misses out on things, but when he is there, he is a great daddy to her. Just know, she won't remember he wasn't there for certain things. It really only matters when she can remember, and by that time Seth will be out!! :0) Love you.
Heather! I love your blog and I love your writing. You are so sincere and sweet. I definitely will be praying for YOU especially and your family...i can't imagine all the emotions you feel on a daily basis. Payton is lucky to have you! Look forward to following you! Enjoy CALI! :)
Post a Comment