Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Aloha!






We were very fortunate to be able to go to Oahu for a week as a family. It is a stunning place to visit with the most beautiful beaches and laid back lifestyle. We spent most of the week there exploring beaches and my favorite spot was Kailua. The sand was like silk and the water water was the most beautiful shade of blue. We spent a day at the Dole Plantation and ate enough Dole Whip, delicious pineapple-vanilla ice cream, for an entire family. We also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center where we took a canoe ride down a stream and learned about the many cultures that made up the islands of Hawaii. It was fascinating to see the show there. Payton loved the dancing and kept asking for the "hulas." Her and I even learned a hula dance and now she puts on performances for us at home. It was a memorable trip and it was wonderful just to be with my family that I love.

2 comments:

Alayna said...

i am sooo jeleous! My dad lives right on Wikki and i would love to go see him! Once a year is just not enough!! I am so glad you were able to go play there with your fam! BTW you look so pretty!

The Olson Family said...

Finally Heather...I was beginning to give up on you as a blogger. Just kidding, I know how busy you are. You guys are gorgeous! Love you long time.